bla bla bla
• Never go to a party hungry
• Limit your alcohol consumption
• Get in some extra time at the gym
• Stay away from all the treats around the office and at parties
• Focus on socializing, NOT food
• Stay active
• Drink water. Try drinking a glass of water right before a meal, it will fill you up so you don’t overeat
• Take a walk
• Don’t give up just because you had one bad thing, don’t use “all or nothing” thinking. Never throw in the towel just because of a slip-up.
As defined by wikipedia – Sedentary lifestyle is a medical term used to denote a type of lifestyle with no or irregular physical activity. If you are involved in LESS than 30 minutes of VIGOROUS exercise 3x per week, you are considered sedentary. Do you fall into this category? And no…taking a stroll to walk the dog, doing a bar crawl, and walking around the mall does not count.
A lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of PREVENTABLE deaths worldwide and is estimated to cause 1.9 million deaths worldwide. A sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity can contribute to or be a risk factor for:
* Cardiovascular disease
* High blood pressure
Sound like something you want hanging over your head for the rest of your life? Then take charge and get exercising.
Sounds like a self explanatory question, but I get it all the time. The benefits of resistance training (lifting weights) and aerobic exercise are endless, check out the list below to see just a few.
* Increased strength
* Improves attitude and fights depression
* Body fat reduction
* Increased metabolism
* Improved athletic performance
* Decreased rick for osteoporosis and heart disease
* Boosts energy and promotes better sleep
* Increased sex drive
If you drink soda on a regular basis it might be time to consider other options. If a soda is your choice for hydration, you need to make a change. According to the American Beverage Association, the average American drinks an estimated 54 gallons of soda per year. That’s about 19 ounces per day (1.5 cans of soda). The average teenager drinks 31-42 ounces a day.
An average 20oz bottle of soda contains about 250 calories (mostly all sugar). Do the math, 20oz of soda every day will add up to about 91,000 extra calories per year, this equates to 26 pounds of fat. Still thirsty?